Explore the Riverwalk with us and experience its lush green spaces, cafes, and retail spaces. Learn what makes Chicago one of the most unique cities in the world and the vital role the river played…
The “story” of Chicago is an amazing account of how a swampland located at the intersection of a lazy prairie river and Lake Michigan transformed into one of the world’s leading “Alpha” cities.
Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Distance: 1.25 Miles
When: Saturday’s at 1 p.m.
Meeting Point: Peet’s Coffee & Tea – Wrigley Building Plaza – 400 North Michigan Avenue – across from Walgreens
- Chicago’s #1 History Tour begin at Peet’s Coffee & Tea – Wrigley Building Plaza – 400 North Michigan Avenue – across from Walgreens every Saturday at 1:00 pm.
- Listen as our tour guides thoughtfully describe those forging events that help shaped the city in to perhaps one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- Enjoy viewing the numerous archival photos and listen closely to our guides’ stories that were each chosen specifically to bring Chicago’s history to life right before your eyes.
- History stories featured on the tour include some of the following: Marquette & Joliet, Jean Baptiste Pointe du Sable, Fort Dearborn Massacre, 1848 – “Annus Mirabilis,” Illinois & Michigan Canal, raising Chicago, Chicago Watertower, Chicago shipping and Sanitation Canal, Union Stockyards, the Great Chicago Fire, skyscrapers and architecture, the 1893 World’s Fair, S.S. Eastland Disaster, Burnham Plan, and so much more.
- All tours include a intermission restroom stop and treat along the way!
- A minimum number of guests is needed to launch tour – 4
- In addition, explore the newly expanded Riverwalk and its new “rooms” which all promise to make the Riverwalk even more fun and the place to be!
- Includes a short boat ride down the Chicago River and the best opportunity to observe some of Chicago’s most iconic buildings while seeing the city at play!
- Trivia challenge with prizes and restroom break on all of our walking tours.