Explore the Riverwalk and listen as our guides describe the forging events that helped shape Chicago into one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Featured stories include the Fort Dearborn Massacre, Union Stockyards,…
Come explore the city’s Second Lakefront, the Chicago Riverwalk on this excellent guided walking tour! After obtaining a $100 million Federal loan, the City has greatly expanded the Riverwalk with six new “Rooms.”
Plus – guests enjoy a short boat ride along the Chicago River during the tour while they view the city’s incredible skyline!
Duration: 2 hours
Distance: 1.5 Miles
When: Friday’s, Saturday’s & Sunday’s at 2:00 pm
Meeting Point: Peet’s Coffee & Tea – Wrigley Building Plaza – 400 North Michigan Avenue – across from Walgreens
- Chicago’s Riverwalk Tour begin at Peet’s Coffee & Tea – 400 N. Michigan Avenue – across from Walgreens
- The Riverwalk now spans from Lake Shore Drive to Lake Street and contains new, lush green spaces, cafes, and retail spaces including many places to sit back and relax or get a bite to eat or drink.
- Come explore the newly expanded River Walk which is proving to be Chicago’s newest and hottest amenity!
- Come learn what makes Chicago one of the most unique cities in the world and the vital role the River played in the emergence of Chicago as the great Metropolis of the Midwest.
- View the iconic buildings located along the river while hearing riveting tales of the stories behind the buildings. Our knowledgeable and engaging tour guides thoughtfully reveal the stories about these structures and the fascinating characters that once occupied them. As we like to say, every building in Chicago has its own story!
- Some of the buildings discussed include: Wrigley, Tribune, Aqua, Aon Center, London Guarantee & Accident, Mather Tower, Trump Tower, Jewelers, Carbide & Carbon, Willis Tower, John Hancock, and the Intercontinental Hotel.
- A minimum number of guests needed to launch tour – 4
- Includes a short boat ride by water taxi down the Chicago River and the best opportunity to observe the city at play!
- Trivia challenges with prizes and a restroom break on all of our walking tours along Chicago’s Riverwalk.