Our Chicago History & Architecture Tour is a highly unique excursion that highlights the finest of everything that Chicago has to offer all combined into one walking tour.
After a brief introduction, guests embark on this highly unique “urban safari,” designed to examine some of the historical wonders and architectural gems scattered across the city.
Duration: 3 hours
Distance: 1.5 Miles
When: Friday’s at 1pm
Meeting Point: Peet’s Coffee & Tea – Wrigley Building Plaza – 400 North Michigan Avenue – across from Walgreens
- Chicago History & Architecture Tour begins at Peet’s Coffee & Tea – Wrigley Building Plaza – 400 North Michigan Avenue – across from Walgreens every Friday at 1:00 pm.
- The tour ends at Chicago’s iconic Rookery Building – 209 South LaSalle Street. Perhaps, Chicago’s oldest and best example of the nation’s first modern skyscrapers!
- On this highly unique tour, you hear captivating stories about the city’s rich history, view and learn about some of Chicago’s most iconic architecture and artwork, stroll the “Loop” while listening to heartrending stories of some of the city’s worse disasters, and experience the newly expanded Chicago Riverwalk – all for the price of one!
- Come explore with us the newly expanded Riverwalk with three new “Rooms.
- Listen as our tour guide thoughtfully describe those forge city from a swampland into a world leading “Alpha” City!
- Enjoy viewing numerous archival photos and listen closely to our guides’ stories that were chosen specifically to bring Chicago’s history to life.
- From the friendly and cozy confines of City Hall, we hunt down some of the city’s, and perhaps world’s, first skyscrapers!
- First up is the Holabird and Roche jewel – Marquette Building. You’ll not only be taken in by its incredible exterior but truly awed by its stunning interior.
- From there, we proceed south on Dearborn to the fabulous Monadnock Building – the crossroads of old and new world architecture. You literally take a stroll back in time as we head inside and walk the timeless lobby of the Monadnock that dates back to 1891.
- And lastly, the piece de resistance of Chicago Architecture – the fabulous Rookery Building located at 209 south LaSalle in the heart of the Loop and next door to the the world’s oldest futures and options exchange – Chicago Board of Trade.
- A restroom break and snack stop are included in this exclusive tour of Chicago’s history and famous buildings.
- A minimum number of guests is needed to launch tour – 4