Chicago is considered the most American of American Cities and one of the most unique cities in the world. Find out why by joining us on this exclusive bus tour and visiting famous Chicago landmarks,…
For one shining moment, Chicago was the center of the galaxy. The world turned its attention fully on one of the most beautiful cities ever built or dreamed – the “Columbian Exposition of 1893.” As one author put it, “nothing in Paris, Rome, or London was near as perfect as Chicago’s White City!”
Duration: 3 hours
Sunday dates available: 4-8, 5-6, 6-24, 7-22 & 11-4
Departs from and ends: Hyatt Regency – 151 East Upper Wacker Drive – 1 – 4 p.m.
Check-in: 12:30 p.m. near concierge desk – main lobby
Chicago bus tour includes: Luxury bus, snacks, and drinks
A minimum number of guests is needed to offer our Chicago World’s Fair Bus Tour
Spotlight on Chicago Bus and Walking Tour
- Tour begins at Rock N Roll McDonald’s – east entrance: 600 North Clark Street
- Come with us on this bus and walking tour in Chicago and experience many of the amazing features of not only the 1893 “Columbian Exposition” event but the “Century of Progress” in 1933-34 as well! Walk along the fairgrounds of both Fairs and relive what people saw for the first time during these colossal events. Learn what is was like to experience some of the following:
- Sitting atop the 25-story tall Ferris Wheel overlooking the world’s first “Midway” 123 years ago.
- Watching Sally Rand and Farida Mazhur allure admiring fans with their respective fan dance and belly dances
- Viewing racers in “rocket cars,” traveling between 628-foot towers overlooking today’s Northerly Island.
- Touring the Manufacturers and Liberal Arts Building – so large you could fit the Great Pyramid of Giza, the U.S. Capitol Building., St. Paul’s Cathedral, Winchester Cathedral, and Madison Square Garden inside!
- Walking in the wonder of Osaka Gardens that still flourish today on Wooded Island in Jackson Park.
- Listen to gripping stories that feature some of the following: Thomas Edison, Walt Disney, Milton Hershey, L.Frank Baum, Helen Keller, Daniel Burnham, Louis Sullivan, H.H. Holmes, and so many more. Did the Stock Market crash three days after Chicago was awarded the 1933 Fair? Why didn’t the 1893 Fair have an official closing? What is left today from these Fairs? How many victims did the notorious H.H. Holmes murder during his reign of terror at the 1893 Fair? The answer to these questions and countless others are addressed on this tour.
- Come prepared to partake in our celebrated World’s Fair trivia challenge with prizes awarded to the winners.
- During the Chicago bus tour, you can view guidebooks filled with carefully selected archive photos that fervently bring to life the glory of these wondrous feats!