Come with us on this bus and walking tour and experience the sites of the 1893 “Columbian Exposition” and the 1933 “Century of Progress”. Relive the fairs by walking the grounds and listening to gripping…
Explore America’s first planned industrial community. Now a National Monument, the historic Pullman District takes our guests back in time to the late 1800s and reflects a simpler but turbulent time in America.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
When: 12:30pm, July 19th and October 18th
Meeting Point: McDonald’s – 600 North Clark Street
Includes: Luxury bus with restroom, snacks, and drinks
A minimum number of guests is needed to offer our industrial Chicago tour
- This bus tour in Chicago is designed to celebrate the achievements of Chicago manufacturing behemoths and illuminate their legacies
- Learn about the South Side’s most important endowments to America’s socioeconomic culture
- The Pullman District is the tour’s main feature and America’s first Planned Industrial Community dating to 1880s
- The Pullman legacy is extensive: Labor Reform, Industrial Planning, Civil Rights, and Education
- This tour is design to celebrate the achievements of “southsider” and most importantly, illuminate their indelible legacy
- You’ll discover, Pullman became a doorway to Civil Rights, Unionization, Planned Communities, and so much more
This three and a half hour tour journeys to the city’s far south side and immerses you into a thoughtful discussion of Chicago’s inimitable past and endless contributions to the American way of life. It promises to be informative, fun, and above all, entertaining.