Chicago is considered the most American of American Cities and one of the most unique cities in the world. Find out why by joining us on this exclusive bus tour and visiting famous Chicago landmarks,…
Visit some of Chicago’s truly elegant existing mansions, explore some of the lavish lifestyles of the denizens of Chicago’s elite neighborhoods, and experience “High Society” at its best by partaking in the Drake Hotel’s legendary Afternoon Tea Service!
Duration: 3 hours
When: June 20th, August 29th, and October 3rd
Cost: Tour only, $40; Drake Afternoon Tea Service, $49
Meeting Point: McDonald’s – 600 North Clark Street; tour concludes at the Drake Hotel
Tour Includes: Luxury bus with restroom, snacks, and drinks
A minimum number of guests is needed to offer our Chicago Mansions & High Society Bus Tour
- Discover the impressive mansions from before the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 through the early 20th Century, from Prairie Avenue on the south to the Gold Coast on the north
- Each evokes a different sensibility; idealizing Europe in Chateauesque and Baroque styles while others look forward to the dawn of Modernism
- Explores some of the lavish lifestyles of the denizens of Chicago’s elite neighborhoods
- Listen carefully to our guide’s tales of the “rich & famous” and how they spent their money frivolously on themselves. Did Marshall Field really spend almost $2 million on his children’s birthday parties in 1 night?
- Experience Drake Hotel’s legendary Afternoon Tea Service!
- Guests may choose to attend tour only or upgrade to tour plus Afternoon Tea Service at Drake Hotel