Our existing indoor tours already celebrate the four senses of sight, sound, touch and smell. This tour adds to that perhaps the best sense of all, taste! While inspecting the secrets of the Chicago Pedway, guests will stop a several food stops and savor the delicious and unique tastes of the Pedway! The Pedway (Pedestrian Walkway) spans nearly 5 miles in length and is an assortment of underground corridors, building concourses, food courts, train stations and sky-bridges. It is the city's best weapon against the realities of Chicago's harsh winters.
"I have something special for you "!
“Taste of the Pedway” Tour Highlights
- Tour Duration: 3 hours
- Guests holding Signature Tour daily deal vouchers (Chicago History, Pedway Explorers or Pedway & Loop) may upgrade to this tour for only $15 per person.
- Tours are conducted in Chicago’s indoor heated Pedway. Tours begin at 111 East Wacker - inside lower lobby and end at State of Illinois Building - 100 West Randolph.
- Great family fun!
- Tours are held every Thursday at 10:00 am - medium walking. Check-in begins at 9:30 am.
- Minimum: 4 guests
- Maximum: 16 guests
- Plenty of places to sit and relax while listening to great storytelling.
- Learn about Chicago’s most fascinating characters including the architects, millionaires, vice figures and politicians (typically both in Chicago)!
- Refreshingly fun!
- Trivia contest and prizes along the tour route!
- 48 hour cancellation policy.
“Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart.” - Erma Bombeck
During this exclusive "Urban Safari", guests learn all about the history of the Pedway and by use of our special tour map, navigate nearly 2 miles of this unique urban terrain. And most importantly, along the way guests sample a cornucopia of tastes at some of the following:
- SNARFs - Yummy Chicken Mambo (Spicy Chicken Chili) or Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich
- Chicago Kernel - Chicago Mix Popcorn (Cheese and Caramel)
- Infields (Macy's) - Chicken Chili or Smoked Turkey Sandwich with bacon on Cinnamon Bread and Cranberry Mayo plus a taste of a brownie
- Starfruit - Kefir (various flavors)
- M Burger - Delicious Hamburger or Cheeseburger or Milk Shake
“Awesome Taste of the Pedway Tour - tons o fun!”
5 of 5 stars - visited January 2016
"A group of my friends and I decided to try the Taste of the Pedway Tour; it sounded like a fun & interesting experience on a cold January day. Everything was seamless to making the reservation, to the directions we were provided on where to find the starting point, to the entire fascinating & enjoyable tour. Dan was our Tour Guide and for 3 1/2 hours we enjoyed the history lesson he gave us, the trivia games he did to make it fun (with gift card rewards for correct answer!), not to mention the abundance of yummy food all along the way to the beauty of Chicago's intricate Pedway system. None of us wanted it to end!! We will definitely be checking out other excursions with these folks & highly recommend their affordable and well-thought-out tours."
"A tasty Taste of the Pedway Tour"
"February in Chicago is...well...not exactly a traveler's fondest wish. But the city's Pedway is mostly (but not entirely) underground. In any event, it's well away from the weather. Chicago's Finest tours provides more than a taste of this surprising and varied underground realm. Our guide, greeted us with a jumbo hot chocolate to set a sweet tone at Houlihan's Restaurant, a warm, welcoming eating place near the river and Michigan Avenue Bridge. Thus nourished (and warmed), we were off to see the wizardry wrought by the city and its commercial partners. The chili at SNARF's was a zesty, fiery treat; some augmented the heat with a dash or two of various pepper sauces. When is popcorn not just popcorn? Why, when it comes from Chicago Kernel located in Millennium Station! We each received a good-size bag of a favorite blend: caramel and cheddar mixed together. And what's a visit to Chi-town without a Chicago-style hotdog (no ketchup, please!). And that's what was delivered to our merry throng at Infield's Pub, one of the many dining establishments along the Pedway. Totally stuffed, we ended our tour at M-Burger in the Thompson Center and had a choice between a burger or shake!!
Along the way we heard stories about the areas we were passing though, and saw beautiful dome rooms at the cultural center. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and amiable, which made the day more pleasant. Who knew there was so much in the Pedway? And who knew, a cold miserale day could be so transformed into a great experience? I highly recommend this tour!"
Visited February, 2014
Robert N - Chicago, IL