Our Chicago History & Architectural Tour is exactly as the name implies; the finest of everything that
Come explore with us the newly expanded River Walk. Opening in 2017, 3 new "Rooms" (Jetty, Water Plaza and Boardwalk). All 3 rooms promise to make the River Walk an even more exciting place to have fun!
The tour lasts about 3
The tour begins at Peet's Coffee & Tea - 400 North Michigan Avenue - Wrigley Building Plaza - across from Walgreen's at 1:00 pm every Friday afternoon.
Tour ends at Chicago's iconic "Rookery Building" - 209 South LaSalle Street. Perhaps, Chicago's oldest and best example of the nation's first modern skyscraprers!
"Finest of Everything" Tour
Chicago River Walk
Chicago city Hall - Council Hall
History & Architecture Tour Highlights
- Tour Duration: 3 hours
- Tours are conducted along the Chicago River and inside the “Loop”
- Tours begin May 25 and end October 26 and are offered every Thursday at 1:00 pm
- Tour Size Minimum: 4 Guests
- Please note that while our tours are leisurely strolls, there are numerous stairs along the tour route. Unfortunately, we do not recommend the use of wheel chairs, strollers, canes, walkers etc.
- Tour Topics include; Tribune & Wrigley Buildings, Chicago Cultural Center, Iroquois Theater Fire, Great Chicago Fire, Chicago “Loop”, Picasso, Chagall, Marquette, Monadnock & Rookery Buildings, Wingfoot Express Disaster, Chicago River & River Walk
- Tours begin at Peet’s Coffee & Tea - 400 North Michigan Avenue - Wrigley Building Plaza and end at the “Rookery” Building - 209 South LaSalle Street.
- Trivia Contest, snacks and and restroom break included in all of our tours!
See the "Finest" Chicago has to offer!
“A DELIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed August 1, 2016
"Five of us took the "River Walk and Loop Tour" with Dan last week-end. I had been on a few of his tours before so knew exactly what a treat the tour would be, but the other four had not. They were absolutely delighted with the experience - as was I. We learned so much and also were entertained. Dan has a wonderful talent of telling stories that are intriguing and also likes to challenge his guests with fun trivia. While it was a typical noisy Chicago day, we all heard the entire tour since we were wearing headphones and Dan was wearing a microphone. I HIGHLY recommend booking any of the tours offered through Chicago's Finest Tours.:
“A great tour for visitors and Chicagoan's”
Reviewed July 23, 2014
"We took the River Walk & Loop Tour. I live here, but had family in from out of town. The tour was great, with lots of interesting facts about Chicago's history. Sharon was a very knowledgeable guide, pleasant and attentive. Each person receives a good quality headset so that you can hear the guide over the "city sounds". This tour is not physically strenuous so it is good for a variety of ages. I've worked in the "loop" for years, but learned many things I didn't know before. Very enjoyable!"