Chicago is considered the most American of American Cities and one of the most unique cities in the world. Today, Chicago is vibrant both economically culturally and considered one of the 15 “Elite” cities in the world along with places like New York, London, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
It has been suggested that if you take a portrait of America and subtract what Chicago has contributed to it, you would not recognize what you have left”! For example, what would America look like without some of just a few of its many contributions; Skyscrapers, McDonald’s, Cell Phones, Soap Operas, Atomic energy or most importantly Twinkies!
Culturally, Chicago is in a league of its own with its 561 cultural institutions including world class museums, symphony, Opera Company and countless theaters. America has given the Arts World 4 major original contributions; Blues, Jazz, Skyscrapers and Prairie Style Architecture. Chicago provided 3 out of 4 of these contributions.
In order to truly understand the depth and breadth of Chicago we need to explore the city beyond the typical tourist destinations. While these areas add considerably to Chicago’s appeal, there is so much more to learn about and experience what is Essential to understanding this great city.
Please join us on this “Exclusive” bus tour exploring Chicago’s North and South sides. Guests will learn about and view some of the following; Magnificent Mile, Gold Coast, Original Playboy Mansion, Old Town, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Park Zoo & Conservatory, Graceland Cemetery, Wrigley Field, Essanay Studios (motion pictures including Charlie Chaplin), Green Mill, Lakeview, Lake Shore Drive, site of St. Valentine’s Massacre, President Obama’s home, site of 1893 World’s Fair, University of Chicago and home to the first sustained nuclear reaction, Bronzeville, Kenwood, Hyde Park, Greektown, Chinatown, Little Italy, Ground Zero – Great Chicago Fire, Hull House and so much more!
Lincoln Park Zoo
Palmer Mausoleum - Graceland Cemetary
Lincoln Park Zoo
Chicago Essentials Bus Tour Highlights
- Tour Duration: 3 hours
- Tour begins and ends at Rock N Roll McDonald’s - 600 North Clark Street - east entrance.
- Tours are conducted in comfortable air conditioned/heated coaches - no double-deck buses.
- Sunday afternoon tours only.
- Tours begin 1:00 pm sharp. Check-in begins at 12:30 pm. Restroom break half way through tour.
- Guests will hear some of the following stories: What makes Chicago unique?, Bronzeville - The “Black Metropolis”, Gang Wars of the Roaring 20’s, Role of Immigration in Chicago and so many more.
- Reservations made by May 1 are only $28.
- Come prepare to compete in our Chicago Trivia Challenge with prizes.
- Snacks 7 Drinks on all of our bus tours!
Chicago Essentials Bus Tour
The tour’s objective is to take guests into some of Chicago neighborhoods and discover what truly makes Chicago unique and Essential to America’s story. The tour plunges into the heart of Chicago and allows guests to experience its multiple layers of diversity and touch its varying texture that weaves together a world class city made up of hard-working average Americans!