Now that the weather has improved it is time to get outside and enjoy some informative and entertaining activities and as always, we have a bunch for you to choose from! FYI, Chicago's Finest Tours celebrates our 5th anniversary this summer!
1. Bus Tours - 6 total - price drops to $30 and only $25 per tour for two different tours.
2. River Walk Tours - 4
3. New Walk Tours - 2 - only $15 per tour
I wish you all a wonderful and safe summer and hope to see you soon on your next tour with us!
The Essentials Tours “Chicago – it’s not just Navy Pier!” Tours For visitors to really understand the depth and greatness of the “Windy City” they must explore Chicago beyond the “Tourist Triangle “- Navy Pier to the east, Millennium & Grant Park to the south and the Magnificent Mile to the north! Chicago is a city of over 200 vibrant neighborhoods and much of what has happened or will happen in this city takes place here – not at Navy Pier! Please join us on one of six very exclusive bus tours exploring Chicago’s compelling neighborhoods and discover what is truly "Essential" about Chicago. Click on the links below to view all tour details.
1. South Side - (dates offered: 6-19, 7-31 & 10-16) - http://chicagosfinesttours.com/bus-tours/south-side-essentials-tour/
2. North Side - (dates offered): 7-10, 8-7, & 9-11) - http://chicagosfinesttours.com/bus-tours/north-side-essentials-tour/
3. West Side - (New) - (dates offered): 8-28, 9-25 & 10-23) -http://chicagosfinesttours.com/bus-tours/west-side-essentials-tour/
4. World’s Fair Tour - (dates offered: 5-29, 8-14, & 10-30) http://chicagosfinesttours.com/bus-tours/worlds-fair-tour/ During the tour, guests will view guide books filled with carefully selected archive photos that help bring to life the glory of these wondrous feats!
5. Pullman National Monument Tour – New (dates offered: 6-5, 8-21 & 11-6) -http://chicagosfinesttours.com/bus-tours/pullman-national-monument-tour/
6. Chicago History Tour - New ( dates offered: every other Thursday beginning June 9 at 10:00 am) http://chicagosfinesttours.com/bus-tours/chicago-history-bus-tour/ All Bus Tours are 3 hours and Cost = $30 and only $25 per tour if two or more different tours are purchased! (Minimum of 16 guests per tour is needed to launch tour)
All Bus Tours include; fun trivia challenge,snacks, drinks & prizes! Please visit our web site (chicagosfinesttours.com) or call 312-202-0745 for more details and reservations. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
River Walk Tours (walking)
All 4 of the following walking tours feature the newly expanded and exciting River Walk and our two Plus tours include a short boat ride at end of tour!. Click on links below to view all tour details.
1. Chicago History Tour Plus - (on the River Walk) – Wed. & Sat. - 1:00 PMT - begins at Peet’s Coffee – Wrigley Building Plaza and ends with a short boat ride down the Chicago River to Wrigley Building. Adults - $25, Seniors & Under 12 - $20. 2 and ½ hours – maximum walking. http://chicagosfinesttours.com/summer-tours/chicago-history-tour/
2. River Walk “Explorers” Plus (sightseeing) Tour Plus - Thur. - 1:00 PM - Begins at Peet’s Coffee – Wrigley Building Plaza and ends with a short boat ride down the Chicago River to Wrigley Building. Adults - $25, Seniors & Under 12 - $20. 2 and ½ hours – maximum walking. http://chicagosfinesttours.com/summer-tours/river-walk-sightseeing-tour/
3. River Walk & “Loop” Architectural Tour - Fri. - 1:00 PM - Begins at Peet’s Coffee – Wrigley Building Plaza and ends at the “Rookery” Building – 209 South LaSalle Street. Adults - $25, Seniors & Under 12 - $20. 2 and ½ hours – maximum walking. http://chicagosfinesttours.com/summer-tours/finest-of-everything-tour/
4. River Walk Brunch Tour - Sat. & Sun. - 9:30 AM - Breakfast buffet now at Filini in the wonderful Radisson Blu Hotel! Begins at 221 North Columbus – Radisson Blu Hotel – Main Lobby and ends at River Theater on the River Walk – Clark & Wacker. Adults - $70, Seniors & Under 12 - $60. 3 hours – medium walking. http://chicagosfinesttours.com/summer-tours/brunch-tour/
New Walking Tours “Talking Statues and More Tours”
Do statues really talk? If they could talk, what stories would they tell? The only way to find out is to join us on this highly original and very entertaining tour! Chicago’s Finest Tours in proud to announce our newest summer tours – “Talking Statues and More”.
August 2015 saw the U.S. premiere of Statue Stories Chicago when 30 statues across the city started speaking their minds. Chicago’s most celebrated writers, actors and comedians were commissioned to create monologues for the city’s iconic statues. Pass a talking statue, look for the nearby sign, and use your smartphone to get a call back from John C. Reilly as Abraham Lincoln, Shonda Rhimes as Chicago’s Miro or even Steve Carell as a man clutching a giant fish by the Shedd Aquarium.
Funded by The Richard H. Driehaus Foundation, Statue Stories Chicago is a city-wide project delivered with Chicago’s leading cultural institutions and the Chicago Park District. British arts producers, Sing London, have worked with Chicago Park District, and Chicago’s leading theatres to create captivating monologues for a range of Chicago’s statues.
In an effort to create broader context and exposure, Chicago’s Finest Tours created two comprehensive tours featuring some of the talking statues plus additional narratives involving more of the city’s rich history and iconic architecture Chicago's Finest Tours is known for offering. Beginning Friday May 27 and every Friday this summer, two “Talking Statues and More” tours will be offered at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm and last 2 hours each.
10:00 am: “Mag Mile” & Loop Talking Statues and More Tour (Fridays)
http://chicagosfinesttours.com/summer-tours/magnificent-mile-loop-talking-statues-and-more-tour/ Departs: Tribune Building (front entrance on Michigan) – 435 North Michigan Avenue Ends: Millennium Park – “The Bean” Walking: Moderate Cost: $15 per person – 2 for $25 Duration: 2 hours Statue Monologues: 2 minutes each Required on tour: Smart Phone
Talking Statues Featured: Nathan Hale – actor – Jon Michael Hill, writer – Chris Jones; Benito Juarez– actor – Luis Valdez, writer – Octavio Solis, Jean-Baptiste Point Du Sable – actor – Harry J. Lennix, writer – Lydia R. Diamond, Heald Square Monument – actor – Bob Balaban, writer – Richard Nelson, Picasso Statue – actor – Deanna Dunagan, writer – Mickle Maher, Miro Statue – actor – Shonda Rhimes, writer – Shonda Rhimes, Bronze Cow – actor – E. Faye Butler, writer – Patricia Keeney, Cloud Gate – actor – David Schwimmer, writer – David Catlin
Additional Tour Narrative Included: Magnificent Mile, Tribune & Wrigley Buildings, Fort Dearborn, Chicago River Reversal, Hard Rock Hotel, Mather and Trump Towers, Jeweler’s Building, Marina City, Iroquois Theater Fire, Chicago Architecture, Great Chicago Fire, Millennium Park, Maggie Daley Park, Chicago Athletic Association.
1:00 pm: “Cultural Mile” & Museum Campus Talking Statues and More Tour (Fridays)
http://chicagosfinesttours.com/summer-tours/cultural-mile-museum-campus-talking-statues-and-more-tour/ Departs: Hilton Chicago (front entrance on Michigan) – 720 South Michigan Avenue Ends: Adler Planetarium – Museum Campus Walking: Moderate Cost: $15 per person – 2 for $25 Duration: 2 hours Statue Monologues: 2 minutes each Required on tour: Smart Phone
Talking Statues Featured: “Spirit of Music” – actor – Renee Fleming, writer – Sing London, Aaron Montgomery Ward – actor – Bill Kurtis, writer – Sing London, Brachiosaurus – actor – Brian Dennehy, writer – Megan Phillippi, Man with Fish – actor – Steve Carrell, writer – Chris Redd, Copernicus – actor – Johnny Galecki, writer – David Saltzberg Additional Tour Narrative Included: Cultural Mile, Stephens Hotel, Lake Michigan, Grant Park, Lakefront landfill, Chicago Fire, Fort Dearborn Massacre, “Forever open and obstruction free”, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Field History Museum, Soldier Field, Chicago skyline, Navy Pier, Northerly Island